Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New World 2

The jaws of corruption clamp down tightly
Crushing utterly
Those who would do the right thing
Honor
Integrity
Loyalty
Honesty
             are now the dirtiest words
                                    in the English
                                             language
And I stare at this world
In a strange combination of awe and horror
And I try to realize
                             my place in it all
What need is there for an honorable man
In the land of the corporate giants?
What call is there for honesty
In the realm of the money gods?
To them I say this:
Successful you may be
                                   even beyond the dreams
                                                             of avarice
But at least my sleep is sound
And my dreams
                         not
                               fitful

No comments:

Post a Comment